Vessel Registration

Motorized vessels used in freshwater or saltwater must be registered at the Tax Collector’s office. You need to bring a Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO) or its equivalent when you register the vessel.

Florida recognizes valid registration certificates and numbers issued to non-resident vessel owners by other states for 90 days. If you plan to use the vessel in Florida longer than 90 days, you need to register in Florida. Bring your out-of-state title and registration with you when you come to the Tax Collector’s office. You may visit the home page at  or call  (561)355-2264or visit the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle’s Web site at